Our Cordyceps details:
Our mushrooms are grown off of a substrate recipe that has been curated to provide optimal nutrition to the cordyceps mycelium throughout it’s growth cycle.
Each ingredient in our substrate serves a specific purpose in creating a suitable environment for the growth and development of the mushrooms. Here’s an overview of the purpose of each ingredient:
- Brown Rice: Brown rice serves as a carbohydrate source in the substrate. It provides energy for the mycelium (the vegetative part of the fungus) to grow and colonize the substrate.
- Nutritional Yeast: Nutritional yeast is a rich source of essential vitamins and minerals. It provides additional nutrients to support the growth of the mycelium and enhances the overall nutritional profile of the substrate.
- Arrowroot Powder: Arrowroot powder is a common thickening agent used in substrates. It helps create a cohesive and stable texture in the substrate, allowing for better moisture retention and proper mycelial colonization.
- Activated Charcoal: Activated charcoal is primarily used for its ability to absorb and filter out toxins and impurities in the substrate. It helps maintain a clean and sterile environment by reducing the risk of contamination.
- Kelp Meal: Kelp meal is a natural source of trace minerals and growth-promoting compounds. It contributes to the overall nutrient composition of the substrate, providing essential elements for the mycelium’s development.
- Multivitamin: Adding a multivitamin supplement to the substrate ensures a broad spectrum of essential vitamins and minerals. This helps support the growth and overall health of the mycelium, enhancing its vitality and productivity.
- Selenium: Selenium is a trace mineral that plays a crucial role in various biological processes. Adding selenium to the substrate ensures an adequate supply of this micronutrient, which can positively influence the growth and development of Cordyceps mushrooms.
When combined, these ingredients create a balanced substrate mix that provides the necessary nutrients, moisture, and support for the successful cultivation of Cordyceps mushrooms.